The MA-Th course is a civil degree program duly recognized by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED). SThB students may opt to take the MA-Th simultaneously with the ecclesiastical program.
- A Bachelor’s degree and a general weighted average of at least 2.00 or equivalent
- Transfer Credential Certificate or Eligibility to Transfer from school last attended
- Completion of 18 credits of Philosophy
- Proficiency in the English language
- Qualifying exam and interview
- Completion of 39 credits with grade per subject not lower than 2.00 (60% of the final grade)
- Passing the Comprehensive Examination (40% of final grade) made up of:
- Written theological synthesis orally presented to the ITF Director and a professor (30%) in the comprehensive examinations.
- Successful Oral Defense of Master’s Thesis (70%) of the comprehensive examinations.
- Submission of approved Master’s Thesis after it has been successfully defended orally.
- Final general weighted average not lower than 2.00.